03 April 2011

Impromtu gig at Menzies Creek Primary School Fete.

   Key elements of the NBO answered a distress call from one of its members Mike de Valle to fill a spot on stage at the Menzies Ck. P.S. fete yesterday . This was the school of Mikayla Francis the 7 yo who did not want to be forgotten after her death from cancer.
Helen and I arrived late and was totally gratified to hear that in fact we were not needed as the sound was full and compelling!
Greg
Here are Mike's comments:
Hi everyone,
I just want to say a big thank you to Greg, Helen, Dave Isom , Marilla,
Annette and Llyn for helping me out yesterday at the Menzies Creek
Primary School Fete. I really appreciate it.

The parents, teachers and kids of Menzies Creek absolutely loved it
and told me later that we sounded fantastic.

Quite a few of them mentioned that they would have liked to do a dance
or two, so who knows, maybe I can convince them to run a bush dance
some time in the not too distant future.

Together the seven of us put in a rollicking good 30 minute set of
Aussie bush tunes, which included Black Cat, Rita Baker, Syd Briggs,
Railway Hotel, Galopede, Brown Jug, I'll Tell me Ma, 40 Pound flat,
the Gervasoni Waltzes, Helen's Heart Waltz, Jack and Lil, Harry
McQueen's set tune, Clare Jig, Herb's Jig and Cunnamulla Stocking Jig.

Greg, Helen, Dave, Marilla, Annette and Llyn, thank you again.
Regards,
Michael de Valle

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search

Followers